The North Brooklyn Public Art Coalition (NbPac) is proud to present:
A fundraiser to benefit the India Street Mural Project
The India Street Mural Project is the kickoff project for the North Brooklyn Public Art Coalition (NbPac), The North Brooklyn Public Art Coalition (NbPac) is a new initiative whose goal is to work with local artists, community members, arts organizations and businesses in order to increase the presence of public art in North Brooklyn. By doing so, NbPac hopes to beautify, revitalize, and energize the Williamsburg, Greenpoint and Bushwick neighborhoods through public art.
RE/PAINT RE/BUILD will take place at Gallery 1889 on June 24th, 2009, from 7PM to 11PM. The event will feature:
• RE/WARD – Silent auction featuring art from the mural project artists (8-10pm)
• RE/FUEL – Food by Chef Michael Sullivan from new Greenpoint restaurant Anella
• RE/CLAIM – Live found object portraits by artist Zito
• RE/DESIGN – Live screenprinting by the Brooklyn Printmaking Collective (bring your screenprintable goods!)
• RE/IMAGINE – Haircuts by designer/inventor/sculptor Dan Harper
Tickets are only $20 and can be purchased through PayPal or by paying cash at the door. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. All proceeds go to benefit the India Street Mural Project.
Gallery 1889 is a new gallery and event space located at 1066 Manhattan Avenue and Eagle street in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. The space has been transformed from a long-vacant storefront to a bustling site for art, design, architecture, and unique events. For a map directions and to find out more about Gallery 1889, visit the website.
Event designed by Susie Jung Watkins
Click on the button to purchase your tickets.